Written by Jeffrey R. Armstrong – President/Owner of Armstrong Capital
Your favorite Master Note Buyer – Straightforward, Honest, Fair…
January is the time of the year when many of us make new years resolutions to change things or better ourselves. You might resolve and promise yourself that you to are going to work out more, eat less, be nicer, spend more time playing and less time working or make more money. As a cash flow consultant you might make your mind up to truly and honestly give your cash flow business the focus, desire and effort that it deserves to make it successful so that you can do the things you’ve always wanted to do. Looking ahead to the next year you have yet another chance to transform your life into what you’ve always wanted it to be.
So, what should you do? How can you begin the process of putting your energy into the cash flow business and continuing with what you need to do to reach your goal? In order to be persistent with your focus, desire and effort you first need to develop the confidence. Developing confidence in yourself, confidence in the business and confidence in your plan may take some time but it is well worth it. I have found a way for myself, even after being in the business now for 15 years, to keep my confidence up. Following is my Self-Confidence Formula adapted from the book Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill:
Self Confidence Formula
- I know I have the ability to achieve the object of my definite purpose in life. Therefore, I demand of myself persistent continuous action towards its attainment and I here and now promise to render such action.
- I realize that the dominant thoughts of my mind will eventually reproduce themselves in outward physical action and gradually transform themselves into physical reality. Therefore, I will concentrate my thoughts for 30 minutes daily upon the task of thinking of the person I intend to become. Thereby creating in my mind a clear mental picture of that person.
- I know through the principle of autosuggestion, any desire that I persistently hold in my mind will eventually seek expression through some practical means of attaining the object back of it. Therefore, I will devote 10 minutes daily to demanding of myself the development of self-confidence.
- I have clearly written down a description of my definite chief aim in life and I will never stop trying until I have developed sufficient self-confidence for its attainment.
- I fully realize that no wealth or position can long endure unless built upon truth and justice. Therefore, I will engage in no transaction that does not benefit all whom it affects. I will succeed by attracting to myself the forces I wish to use and the cooperation of other people. I will induce others to serve me because of my willingness to serve others. I will eliminate hatred, envy, jealousy, selfishness, and cynicism by developing love for all humanity, because I know that a negative attitude towards others can never bring me success. I will cause others to believe in me because I will believe in them and in myself.
Your instructions are to write down this self confidence formula and print it out. Then you will tape it to your bathroom door. Every morning immediately when you wake up and every evening right before you go to bed you will read this aloud to yourself until you develop sufficient self confidence to attain whatever it is you desire, (success in the cash flow industry). You must follow these directions to the letter. The design behind this is to program your sub-conscious mind to assist you in the development of your self confidence. I’ve been doing since I was 16 years old and I truly believe that it has helped me build up my self confidence.
Every single one of you who have sat through the ACFI’s 3-day training program started out with the dream or goal of doing the things you’ve always wanted to do, when you want to do them and having the money to do it with. Taking control of your life and having the freedom to do these things takes focus, desire and effort. Nothing comes easy. You need to work towards your end goal with tomorrow and what it may bring always in mind. Starting with developing your self confidence may be the first step and what better time to start than the beginning of the year! Happy New Year! TWITA! (That’s What I’m Talking About!)